Health & Safety Protocols: The Heart Mountain Wyoming Foundation takes the safety of our members and visitors seriously. To that end, the Heart Mountain Interpretive Center will follow all the orders and recommendations made by state and local officials. We have instituted aggressive new cleaning procedures and changed some of the ways we operate to minimize the risk.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK
Park County officials have issued a mask mandate for our area of the state. In accordance with this, all visitors must wear face masks and observe social distancing measures while in the interpretive center, for the health and safety of themselves and others. Masks are available for use, upon request.
- Please note: The interpretive center closes at 4:00pm every day.
- The hospital grounds, memorial and honor roll, and Setsuko Saito Higuchi Interpretive Trail remain open for self-guided exploration.
- All events and programs at the center have been canceled for the foreseeable future. We have been offering an array of digital programs and content. Click here to explore our online programming.
- We will continue to provide updates on future events throughout the next few months. For the latest information, follow Heart Mountain on Facebook and Twitter.
- The 2020 Heart Mountain Pilgrimage was canceled. In lieu of an-person pilgrimage, the Heart Mountain Wyoming Foundation collaborated with Japanese American Memorial Pilgrimages and other organizations to create a nine-week virtual pilgrimage. Check out the incredible array of discussions, talks, films, and programs from this summer of community events HERE. Please visit our Pilgrimage page for updates on the 2021 Heart Mountain Pilgrimage.
- Please refer to the COVID-19 page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest updates on the pandemic and guidance on dealing with this physically, psychologically, and logistically.
Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate these uncertain times. If you have questions, please reach out to us. If you would like to support our work during this difficult period, please consider becoming a member or making a donation or a purchase from our online store.