Virtual Field Trip
Heart Mountain Interpretive Center’s Virtual Field Trip provides students with the unique opportunity to tour our exhibits and speak with our museum staff from their classrooms. Virtual Field Trips are available in a variety of themes including Life at Camp, Propaganda, Art & Culture, Women of Heart Mountain, Military Service & Draft Resisters, and Children of Heart Mountain.
Each virtual field trip comes with classroom resources such as lesson plans and activities to engage students and enhance their experience. These resources are aligned with Wyoming Department of Education standards as well as Common Core standards.
In-Person Field Trip
Our in-person field trips are designed to educate students on the Heart Mountain story and provoke thought about Civil Rights history in America. Contact us for more information, including pre- and post-visit classroom activities. In-person field trips typically require between 90 minutes and 2 hours.
Please provide when booking:
- Where the presentation will take place (On-site, Off-site)
- Proposed date
- Proposed time / duration of the presentation or tour
- Number in the tour (student groups need one chaperone for every 10 students)
- Age of group or school grade
- Contact person & phone number
- Topics you will have covered previously in class